Translate

Friday, August 1, 2014

The Lovely Bones: By Alice Seabold

Hey readers, I am here today to talk about a book called The Lovely Bones. This book is realistic fiction and is for teens and not very appropriate for tweens because it could be kind of scary.

The Lovely Bones is about a girl named Susie who is raped and dies in the beginning of the book. The rest of the book is told from her perspective from heaven or should I say, pre heaven or the in-between. Susie and her family are very tight and right before she dies she practically has a boyfriend. Susie can see her family but they can't see her and it shows how she deals with these emotions.

This book really interested me because I have always wondered what heaven would be like and this book describes it. This book isn't really a "happy" book but an intriguing one. One thing that I didn't like about it was the message of the book-Susie letting go. I really preferred the topic of what heaven was like with her viewing her family except the author revolved it around the theme of letting go.

This book is also a movie and although I did not like it a lot because it didn't live up to the book and was confusing, you should watch it once you read the book!

Your Friend,
Rae Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment