Translate

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Unwholly: By Neal Shusterman

Hey readers, the summer is almost over and I hope you all had fun. Have you been reading? Well I hope so. Anyways, I told you all I would follow up on the sequel to Unwind so here it is....Unwholly!

SPOILER ALERT: IF YOU DID NOT READ UNWIND YET DO NOT READ THIS.

This book continued the story of Connor, or Elvis Robert Millard, Risa, who is now paralyzed from the waist down and Lev, who is now in trouble and famous for being a clapper who didn't clap. In this book the author Neal Shusterman changes it up a bit. He doesn't only write from the point of view of these 3 characters but he adds new ones.  There is Starkey, an AWOL runaway who craves power and control and Maricola,  a girl who was supposed to be tithed. There is also, Nelson a parts pirate (takes unwinds or normal people and sells their parts illegally), who despises Connor for humiliating him by shooting him with his own dart gun and getting him fired as a Juvey cop and wants revenge on him . Lastly, there is Cam who is not a normal human. His entire body is made up of other children. His brain is made up of the smartest kids, his body is made up of the most athletic, his skin of all complexions and his hair of every color.

Each new character that this author has added has different goals and adventures that they go through and each of their stories is connected to the other like a puzzle.

I thought that this sequel was better than the first book. It added more depth to the story and it made me feel like I was apart of this crazy world that the author made up. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was predictable and there weren't a lot of big twists. Otherwise, I loved this book and I hope you all read it. Expect more reviews from this series soon!

Your Friend,
Rae Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment