Translate

Sunday, September 7, 2014

An Abundance of Katherine's: By John Green

Hey readers, An Abundance of Katherine's was by far the least interesting book that I've read so far by John Green. I had high hopes for this book because I loved Looking for Alaska and The Fault in our Stars. I had high hopes for this book but it didn't meet even my lowest expectations so I had to stop reading it about a quarter of the way through.

Colin, the protagonist, is a genius. He was a child prodigy and is extremely bright but he only dates girls named Katherine. He has had 19 girlfriends and every single last one of them has been named Katherine. In the beginning of the book his most recent Katherine has dumped him and his best friend Hassan takes him on a road trip to get his mind off of her. They end up going on a history tour where they meet a girl named Lindsey.

The reason I could not read too much more of this book is because it was so boring. Normally I don't stop a book midway, it just isn't like me. Although with this book I was being tortured by it's slowness and inability to hook me onto its' words.  I found myself having to reread pages because my mind drifted off. If you like this book I applaud you, but this wasn't the book for me and I do not recommend it.

Your Friend,
Rae Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment